Consult Red are looking for an enthusiastic and dynamic IT Team Leader with hands on experience to support staff in the UK, Poland and US
Reporting to the Head of IT, Information Security & Compliance you will lead a small IT team who undertake both IT Support and IT project delivery.
This will be a hands-on role requiring not only day to day line management of a team, but the ability to provide hands-on IT support and project delivery at all levels.
Consult Red is an employee-owned company and a trusted partner to some of the world's largest brands. We're an R&D technology partner that develops cutting-edge 'Internet of Things (IoT) smart, connected products, video and broadband end-user equipment streaming TV devices, networks and platforms. Connected devices and systems developed by Consult Red are currently in more than 30 million homes around the world.
Our story started in 2003 when five friends founded the company in Shipley, West Yorkshire. Since then, we've grown a lot. We work with the world's leading media operators, including Liberty Global (Virgin, UPC), Comcast (Sky) and AT&T (Directv), and in the last 12 months alone we’ve grown our team in the UK, Poland and the US by 40%. We're now over 220 people globally, working collaboratively to provide an industry-leading consultancy service across software development, hardware, embedded, and cloud technologies.
We're proud to be an employee-owned business. At Consult Red, everyone has a stake, and everyone has a say. The employees are the business owners, and we work together with shared values and purpose towards our common goals. We want every team member to feel empowered, have a say in our future, and share in our success.
How you will spend your time:
Job Responsibilities – Hands-on Technical Support & Project delivery
- Responsibility for all people management aspects of the IT team. Including assigning of work and tasks were required.
- Creating a cohesive team environment through consistent management
- Managing the IT Service Desk – ensure tickets are allocated and picked up within SLA’s, regular update to end users across 6 locations.
- Implementing strategies and IT projects defined by the Head of IT, Information Security & Compliance.
- A sound knowledge of the best practices in IT security, including awareness and adherence when undertaking IT tasks.
- Delivering infrastructure projects which include managing subcontractors, installation and set-up of server and network infrastructure (enterprise switches & gateways)
- Monitoring off all IT systems for potential problems and investigation and resolution of any issues (including daily check of critical systems)
- Provide support that consistently meets or exceeds Customer expectations.
- Ensure service KPI’s & SLAS’s are met.
- Performing root cause analysis and identifying opportunities for efficiencies.
- Maintain, analyse and solve IT support issues both hardware and software.
- Roll out of hardware/software including documentation.
- Identify, analyse, and repair product failures. Order and replacement of parts.
- Support and maintain user account information including rights, security and system groups.
- Receive and resolve issues from Tiers 2 and 3 if ‘eyes and hands’ are necessary to solve a hardware or software issue at location – in cooperation with the end user
- Coordinate with third party vendors to resolve hardware and software problems, as required
- Investigate and resolve hardware or software related issues when break-fix is necessary to solve an issue at location.
- Interface with third-party vendors for technical assistance.
- Manage the installation of IT Infrastructure as per the IT, IS & Compliance strategies set out by the Head of IT, IS & Compliance
- Assist with setting up of infrastructure and application security in conjunction with the IT security team, including file access and other administrative procedures.
- Document changes to inventory use and configuration maintained in an IT asset system.
What you will need to bring:
IT Team Leader experience & skills
- Experience managing a 1st, 2nd, and 3rd line support teams.
- Proven hands-on Infrastructure support experience – Windows, Linux (Ubuntu, CentOS) both server and endpoint environments, Mac (macOS) & Network Infrastructure including:
- Virtual Server Environments
- Microsoft Exchange 365
- Microsoft Office 365
- Windows Desktops – Windows Servers 2019
- Apple Business Manager
- Configuration and support of Microsoft Management inc. Azure, Security Endpoint Management (MDM)
- Windows Active Directory
- Configuration and support of Microsoft Teams & SharePoint
- Security Infrastructure and software – Firewalls (Cisco,Pfsense),Antivirus, IPS
- Network infrastructure and configuration – Cisco, IPsec, OpenVPN, VPN (Virtual Private Networks), WIFI
- Storage infrastructure – Synology NAS, ZFS & replication technology
- Backup Solutions
- Experience in Atlassian products – Jira Service Desk, Jira & Confluence.
- Understanding of devops solutions – Docker, Jenkins, Gitlab.
- Experience of monitoring systems – Splunk, Zabbix
- Experience in Telephone Systems PABX, OpenPABX, SIP’s
IT Team Leader Competence
focuses on the delivery of targets, quality, and deadlines.
Creativity/Innovation: Has the ability to come with innovative ideas, seizes opportunities, and thinks “out of the box”.
Behavioural flexibility: has the willingness to accept changes and the ability to maintain effectiveness in a changing environment and within a variety of dynamic work situations.
Tolerance for Stress: maintains control and performance in stressful situations; stays calm when problems arise, avoids letting day-to-day pressure get him/her down, does not take rejection personally, stays positive, puts problems behind once solved.
Self-starter : act in a proactive way in anticipating issue and go beyond what is expected from them, shows confidence, and believes in his/her own capacity to achieve results and tackle problems.
Ethics and Integrity:
“walks the talk”, abides by business conduct guidelines and ethics; deals appropriately with confidential data.
Respect for the individual : demonstrate respectful behaviour to other team members and staff
Works Standards – Excellence: sets high goals or standards of performance for himself and the organization. Is dissatisfied with average performance.
Exploring: appraises own strengths and weaknesses; has the willingness to develop his/her own skills, knowledge and behaviour through on-the-job experiences and feedback from others.
What we'll give you in return:
- A competitive salary which grows with your career
- A twice-yearly company bonus scheme
- Opportunities to train, develop and grow, as well as learn from talented colleagues
- 25 days' holiday as standard, rising an extra day for every calendar year you stay with us (up to a maximum of 30 days)
- 5% matched contributory pension
- Access to Headspace meditation app
- Flexibility in your working hours and home office
- Free on-site parking, rail season ticket support, and a cycle to work scheme
- Season ticket loan
- Relocation assistance for those moving to the area
Our Recruitment Process:
Once you submit your CV, we'll send you a short online form asking you to confirm a couple of things. This will then go directly to the Hiring Manager review. We'll often do a short first stage telephone interview to find out more about you and to check that the role would be a good fit for your requirements.
Then, if you progress to the interview stage, we'll try to cover off everything we can in one Teams or face-to-face meeting, to make the process quicker for you - which means our interviews can be slightly longer than average. We hope you'll leave the meeting with a real feel for the job and what it's like to work with us.
So what are you waiting for? If this sounds like what you've been looking for, click 'apply' to send us your details and we'll be in touch really soon.
You can find out more about our company, and what it’s like to work with us, on our LinkedIn or Glassdoor pages